Fred and Anita Weagant started the business in 1953, as F.R. Weagant, General Merchant in South Mountain, Ontario. In 1953 Fred Weagant went to Smiths Falls to pick up a hay rake tongue and came home a Cockshutt dealer. Other dealerships were added: New Holland and David Brown tractors. A new 6600 square foot was built on Hwy 43, in 1976. Still selling New Holland products this store is now the corporate headquarters.
In 1983, Weagant Farm Supplies expanded by opening a new location on Hwy 29 north of Brockville, Ontario. A new building was built at this location in 1992. This location has a large inventory of Kubota tractors, Kawasaki ATV's, and Mules, White Lawn tractors and dozens of used farm equipment.
In 1993 Weagant Farm Supplies expanded into another style of business. Topline Trailer and Equipment Sales was created to offer a full line of horse, stock, cargo and landscape trailers to customers in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec . A new building was built for this business in 1999 on Hwy 31. A solid body of 44 employees excel in customer service. Many agricultural events are sponsored as well as a $40,000 donation to the Winchester Community Hospital.
Second generation, Bob and Laird Weagant and David Black, are now joined with third generation, Scott and Stacey Weagant and Julie Black.